Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Here are some picture from my final in my Advanced Baking and Pastry class in March. We had to provide a sugar piece, a chocolate piece, assorted pastry and other edible sculpture.

This is a white chocolate flower that never made it to the table....it had an unfortunate encounter with a heat vent...

This was my chocolate piece... it is holding chocolate raspberry cakes and rose scented petit fours with pistachio cream.
This is my cherry blossom wedding cake...

This is my sugar piece...both the green and the black part are made from sugar. The pastry is called the "Violet"....it is made up of layers of sweet tart dough, black currant coulis, vanilla pastry cream, strawberry salpicon, violet aroma and white chocolate. And, while the picture is rotated the correct way on my laptop...I can't seem to get it right side up on the blog. Alas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Wow! Those are amazing. Is that big cherry blossomed cake have a marizipan/fondant?

Are you through with school now? What's going on?

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home